- Paul’s Scrambled Eggs with a side of sauteed vegetables.
- Glenn’s Celery Stuffed with Yogurt and Blue Cheese
- David Mendosa’s Quick Stuff from the Grocer
- Chris’s Shrimp Salad
- Vegan Walnut Pate – from Shelley
- Marilyn’s – Chile Rellenos Jose
- Nola and Bob’s Sweet and Sour Red Cabage
- Jeff’s High Fat, Low Carb Breakfast Shake
- Barry’s Low Carb Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Michael’s Tapenade
- Dick’s Chocolate Squares – Sugar Free, Grain Free, Lactose Free
- Barry’s Tempeh Pesto Stir Fry
- Paul S’s Boca Burgers
- Chocolate Frosting – Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free
David Mendosa’s “straight-from-the-store” offerings were part of a pot luck conducted by the Boulder Very Low Carb Diabetes Support Group, where we encouraged people to bring “tasting” size portions with no more than 5 grams carb in an actual serving, and smaller samples still for more tastings. For a meal, you’d probably go for a larger serving.
Dona Maria Nopales (tender cactus) – 1 jar (30 ounces)
Serves 30 people, 1 ounce (roughly 2 Tb) each
FOR EACH 2 Tb SERVING
Fat: 0 g.
Protein: 0 g
Carbs: 1 g
Chicharones / Deep Fried Pork Rinds (Pig Skins)
Serving Size – about 10 pieces, or roughly 21 grams (1 ounce)
FOR EACH 10 pieces
Fat: 4 g.
Protein: 10 g
Carbs: 0 g