- Paul’s Scrambled Eggs with a side of sauteed vegetables.
- Glenn’s Celery Stuffed with Yogurt and Blue Cheese
- David Mendosa’s Quick Stuff from the Grocer
- Chris’s Shrimp Salad
- Vegan Walnut Pate – from Shelley
- Marilyn’s – Chile Rellenos Jose
- Nola and Bob’s Sweet and Sour Red Cabage
- Jeff’s High Fat, Low Carb Breakfast Shake
- Barry’s Low Carb Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Michael’s Tapenade
- Dick’s Chocolate Squares – Sugar Free, Grain Free, Lactose Free
- Barry’s Tempeh Pesto Stir Fry
- Paul S’s Boca Burgers
- Chocolate Frosting – Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free
Barry’s Tempeh dish was part of a low-carb pot luck conducted by the Boulder Very Low Carb Diabetes Support Group. We encouraged people to make it easy and fun, and to bring “tasting” size portions with no more than 5 grams carb in an actual serving, and smaller samples still for more tastings.
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 2 packages 16-ounce organic tempeh
- 300 g cauliflower
- 10 oz (288 g) sliced tricolor peppers
- 118 g (medium) organic onion
- 118 g organic green beans
- 125 g mushrooms
- 40 g carrot (1 small)
- 130 g fresh green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (13 g)
- 411 g rainbow chard (2 bunches)
- 6 g fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs organic virgin olive oil
- 225 g pesto
- 55 g grape tomato
- Gather, wash, prep ingredients.
- Boil water and steam small cauliflower heads.
- At the same time, melt coconut oil in a large cast iron pan. Slice tempeh thinner and into small squares, stir fry both sides. remove.
- Clean pan, heat olive oil.Start stir fry. Add onions, mushrooms, frozen veggies (tri color peppers, green beans) if any, and continue to add longer cooking veggies (chard, carrot, etc.) first. Add garlic, salt, pepper. Add shorter cooking vegetables last. Keep stirring. Add steamed cauliflower, tempeh last, then pesto, fresh basil, sliced grape tomatoes last. Gently stir. Enjoy!
Makes 30 Servings with 5 grams per serving
Protein: 7 g 28%
Fat: 6 g 53%
Carb: 5 g 18%