- Paul’s Scrambled Eggs with a side of sauteed vegetables.
- Glenn’s Celery Stuffed with Yogurt and Blue Cheese
- David Mendosa’s Quick Stuff from the Grocer
- Chris’s Shrimp Salad
- Vegan Walnut Pate – from Shelley
- Marilyn’s – Chile Rellenos Jose
- Nola and Bob’s Sweet and Sour Red Cabage
- Jeff’s High Fat, Low Carb Breakfast Shake
- Barry’s Low Carb Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- Michael’s Tapenade
- Dick’s Chocolate Squares – Sugar Free, Grain Free, Lactose Free
- Barry’s Tempeh Pesto Stir Fry
- Paul S’s Boca Burgers
- Chocolate Frosting – Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Lactose Free
Barry’s Low Carb Cookies were part of a pot luck conducted by the Boulder Very Low Carb Diabetes Support Group, where we encouraged people to bring “tasting” size portions with no more than 5 grams carb in an actual serving, and smaller samples still for more tastings
Serving Size – 1 Three-inch cookie has roughly 2 carbs
1.5 cups almond meal (carb 30g, fiber 24g, fat 84g, protein 36g, calories 960)
1 cup whey protein powder (carb 27.2, fiber 0, fat 32g, protein 352g, calories 1856)
.5 cup (1 stick) organic salted butter (carb 0, fiber 0, fat 88g, protein 176g, calories 800)
4 oz whole milk organic cream cheese (carb <4, fiber 0, fat 40g, protein 8g, calories 440)
1 cup erythritol (carb 0, fiber 0, fat 0, protein 0, calories 0)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
.66 cups (75 gms) chopped walnuts (8g carb, 8g fiber, fat, 53g, 13g protein, calories 560)
1 cup (100 gms) whole organic cranberries, UNSWEETENED (carb 13g, fiber, fat 0, protein 0, 51 calories)
- Cream butter, cream cheese together till fluffy. add sweetener, cinnamon, salt and beat again.
- Add eggs beat again.
- Add almond meal, whey, baking soda. mix.
- Add cranberries, walnuts. mix.
- Drop onto cookie sheets.
- Oven preheated to 375. About 10 minutes (watch em before they get too brown!)
Makes about 34, 3″ cookies.
(Recipes says each cookie has 1g carb, 1g fiber, 4g protein 94 calories – but to be on the safe side, let’s say 2 g carb per cookie)